Friday, March 1, 2013

Kids Talk Winter/Spring 2013

Anti-Bully Day
Yesterday was pink-shirt Anti-Bully Day. The 6-yr-old boy asked me: "Can boys wear pink?" I said of course!! He didn't have a pink shirt, so we ordered one from his school. Last night he told me that if we say mean things people's heart crinkle and it's hard to straighten out, so be nice.

That evening, he tried much harder to reason with his sister instead of usual argument. 

2nd, 3rd, 4th mothers
One evening in shower, the 8-yr-old had an issue with a comment from a classmate. When she was really questioning it, I gave her my take on it and suggested to her she can ask others for opinions such as aunties. She suddenly said "Auntie L, Auntie A, and Auntie H, they are like my 2nd, 3rd, and 4th mothers! I know they care about me and love me very much like mother!" I was surprised by her strong confidence in my dear friends' love for her, and felt so thankful to my dear friends for making this young girl feel so loved. 

Massage
6-yr-old touched mom's shoulder and said: Mom!
Mom: Ouchie please don't touch -- it hurts!
6-yr-old: Why??
Mom: Because I got a massage yesterday and it hurts now.
6-yr-old: Who is that massage person? I'll go beat them up!
Mom: No actually it's good for me I have to thank that person. And we don't beat people up.

No comments:

Post a Comment